Comment on page
DexArm beyond limits/stuck problem
The Arm obtains the absolute position through the magnetic encoder located on the three-axis motor, and then calculate and complete the subsequent movement. If the Arm does not calibrate the initial position correctly or starts to move without obtaining position data, it will cause movement beyond limits or the Arm get stuck.
- 2.After power on the Arm, be sure to send HOME command (M1112) at first, and then send motion commands (such as G0 G1). The subsequent motion calculation is based on this HOME position.
- 3.If you have leveled your Arm before and want to re-level your Arm, make sure you press RESET button at first. Rotrics Studio or the touchscreen will clear the previous leveling records and reboot the Arm. After that, be sure to send HOME command (M1112) before re-leveling.
- 4.After you have re-leveled your Arm, Rotrics Studio or the touchscreen will save your new leveling records and reboot the Arm. Make sure you send HOME command (M1112) before any other commands.
- 5.In addition, Your Arm coordinate system might change under certain circumstances, this will also cause the Arm beyond limits or get stuck. For example, after command G92 X0 Y0 Z0.
- 6.In order to avoid the Arm beyond limits or stuck problem, we will add protection functions in our next firmware, such as, it will compulsory to send a HOME command before any motion commands.