Comment on page
DexArm movement accuracy problem
1) DexArm's initial calibration position: the Axis-1 and Axis-2 arms are at the maximum position, and the base is right in the middle, as shown in the following picture:
- The Arm inverse kinematics is calculated based on this initial calibration position.
- Command M1111 moves the Arm to this initial calibration position. Please re-calibrate the arm if there is any position deviation.
- Manually place the Arm in this initial calibration position, and then send command M889 via Terminal to re-calibrate the Arm.
- HOME button (or command M1112) moves the Arm to the Home position (X0 Y300 Z0)
2) The end-effector offset value
- The Arm inverse kinematics also requires different offset values for different end-effectors. A wrong offset value will cause a large deviation in Y-axis.
- Command M888 Pn can set the right offset value for different modules. Command M888 without P parameter can check the current module.
- When using the pen holder module, please pays attention to the installation of the pen. The pen must be parallel to the pen module. If not, the end-effector offset value will be incorrect, and your writing/drawing works will have a large deviation in the size.
- It’s required to leveling the Arm when the working desktop (such as the 3D printing plate) and the Arm base are unlevel.
- Generally speaking, if you are working on a relatively flat desktop, there is no need to do leveling, and please send command M891 X0 Y0 to clear history leveling records.
- After sending command M891 X0 Y0, please do reboot the arm at first. Command M892 is to read the Leveling parameters, this command does not require a reboot.
- If the XY-axis parameters are too large during leveling, please double-check your working desktop and calculation method. Due to the kinematic structure of the Arm, it is not recommended to set a large XY-axis parameter.
4) Technical Support:
If the above solutions still cannot solve your problem, please sort out the following information and contact us.
- The current firmware version and Rotroics Studio version,
- The G-code file you are using,
- Please specify the deviation axis,
- A video will help us to analyze the problem.