Read the Quick Start Guideto check the items, assemble the pneumatic module, connect with Air Pump Box and set up DexArm for the first use.
🧙♂Tips: The M-shape plastic part is for mounting the transparent air tube on DexArm.
3. Use Basic Functions
Pneumatic Module Status
1) Air pump box working status
The air pump box has 3 working status:
Close all pumps
2) Suction cup working status
The suction cup has 2 working status:
Pick (pump in)
Place (pump out)
So you only need to control Air Pump Box to pump in or pump out for a picking/placing task.
3) Soft gripper working status
The soft gripper has 3 working status:
Pick (pump out)
Place (pump in)
Neutral (release air)
Except for pump in and pump out, you need to return soft gripper to neutral status after each action is done.
With Rotrics Studio software
1) ClickBasic -> Front Endto choose relevant modules.
2) ClickPick / Placeunder Air Pick orGrip / Release / Neutralunder Soft Gripper to control pneumatic functions.
3) After picking items up, clickX±、Y±、Z±buttons inControlsection to control DexArm's movement.
1) Connect the touchscreen with the robot arm, clickPneumaticto select the module.
Here, we are using Air Pick as an example.
2) Click HOME to move DexArm to the HOME position first.
3) Click X±、Y±、Z± buttons to move DexArm to the item position.
4. Click Pick to pick up the item.
5. Click X±、Y±、Z± buttons to move the item to the destination
6. Click Place to place the item.
7. Repeat Step 3-6 to move all the items.
8. Click Stop to turn OFF Air Pump Box after finished.
4. Teach & Playback
Rotrics Studio software can control the picking/placing functions and record robot arm movements, you can also control robot arm movement with G-code programming.
With Rotrics Studio software
1) ClickBasic -> Teach & Play -> Onto enter Teach&Play mode.
After turn on the teach&playback function, select the right module and click OK.
2) Drag the Arm to a position and click Record to record this position and module status
There will be a new record in the Record List
3) Click Pick to pick the item up, and clickRecord to record this position and module status
🧙♂Tips: if you are using soft gripper for Teach & Playback, please click Release before Grip item, lower the module to relevant position and then Grip.
4) Move up for a target distance( such 5cm), and clickRecord to record this position and module status.
🧙♂Tips: In order to prevent DexArm from accidentally colliding with the object during the movement, it is necessary to let the Arm move according to the trajectory of ∏, which means to lift a certain distance, then move to a position above the target point, and then move down.
5) Drag DexArm to a position 5cm higher than the target position, and click Record to record this position and module status.
6) Drag the Arm to the target position, and click Place to place item down. Click Record to record this position and module status.
7) Click Off button beside Teach & Play Mode to complete teaching.
8) Scroll Record List, and check all recorded action. Clic Set Delay to add waiting time between every action.
9) Click to playback all the actions.
1) Connect the touchscreen with the robot arm, clickBasic -> Reset -> Hometo move DexArm to HOME position.
2) ClickTeach -> Air Pick / Soft Gripper.
Here we use Air Pick as an example.
3) Click DISABLE to start Teach&Play,
🧙♂Tips: DISABLE will disable the motor, and allow you to drag the arm
4) Drag the Rotrics Arm and move it to the target position.
5) Tap PICK to pick the item up.
6) Click RECORDto record this position and the module status
7) Drag the arm to another position, click PLACE to place item down
8) Click RECORD to record this position and the module status
9) Repeat Step 4-8 to record every action and position.
🧙♂Tips: You can add waiting time after each action, so the Arm will wait a few seconds before each action.
10) Click REPLAY to play the whole process.
5. Use Pneumatic Functions with G-code Programming
To use G-code for pneumatic work, you need to create a new .gcode file, open it with the notepad or a third-party text editor, enter the robot arm motion control commands, and send it to the robot arm through Rotrics Studio software to start picking and placing.
1) G-code commands instructions
Motion control commands:
G0 X300 Y20 Z0 -move to position (300, 20, 0)
G0 F3000 -move speed 3000mm/min
M2000- straight line mode
M2001- fast mode
Air pump box control commands:
M888 P2 -identify the end effector as pneumatic module
M1000 -air pump box to pump in
M1001- air pump box to pump out
M1002- air pump box to release air,
M1003- stop air pump box,
2) Pneumatic G-code workflow:
A. Use command M888 P2 to identify the end effector as pneumatic module.
B. Use command M2000 or M2001 to set robot arm motion mode.
C. Use command G0 to control robot arm movement.
D. Use command M1000-M1003 to control air pump box.
🧠Note: the commands for the soft gripper and the suction cup is opposite. Specific description is as follows.
Workflow for the suction cup:
Use command M1000to pump in and pick up items.
Use command M1002to release air, relieve the internal pressure of the air pump and place the item down.
Use command M1003to close all air values.
Workflow for the soft gripper:
Use command M1001 to make the air pump box to pump out, the soft gripper will grasp, and pick up the item.
Use command M1000 to make the air pump box to pump in, the soft gripper will release and place the item down.
Every time the soft gripper stops, use command M1002to release air and relieve internal press of the air pump box.