Comment on page
Generate 3D Printing G-code with Cura
2. Download Cura configuration files and testing models on our Download Center.
3. Open Cura, add printer into the software according to the following instructions:
It's required to add new printer when you open Cura for the first time. After adding, please jump to step 4 for generating G-code.
Machineand add a printer.
Machine -> Add printer -> Add a non-networked printer -> Custom -> Custom FFF printer
Rotrics V1.0, click
Addto add a new printer.
C. Set the printer settings and extruder parameters:
- X(Width) - 150 mm *this is the width of Rotrics plate. For other plate, please use related width.
- Y(Depth) - 150 mm *this is the length of Rotrics plate. For other plate, please use related length.
- Z(Height) - 270 mm
- Origin at center - Yes
- G-code flavor - Marlin
- X min - 0
- Y min - 0
- X max - 0
- Y max - 0
- Start G-code, set the module as 3D printing module, set the filament position as 0 and motion mode as straight-line mode
- End G-code, stop the cooling fan and stop heating the nozzle and lift up the nozzle after print is finished.
- Set extruder and filament parameters:
- Nozzle Size - 0.4 mm
- Compatible material diameter - 1.75 mm
Nextto complete printer setting
Rotrics V1.0 -> Manage printers -> Profiles -> Importto import the recommended Rotrics printing configuration files.
You can also customize the printing parameters according to different filaments: layer height, fill density, printing temperature, print speed.
5. Upload your 3D model into workspace.
You can get 3D models from these methods:
6. Adjust 3D model size, orientation with the left control section.
Note: Make sure you've selected the correct machine and print profile before slicing.
Save to File, save the G-code to your computer.